Is There Any Home Remedies for Brittle Nails? Brittle nail is usually the culprit which can spoil your beauty. Nails which are brittle and weak can develop chip and crack easily. This problem might be triggered by aging, prolonged time of applying nail polish as well as exposing to water frequently.
However, brittle nails can be the indication of other diseases such as hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, psoriasis, conditions of the lung, lichen planus, eczema, alopecia areata, fungal infection, anemia and disorders of endocrine.
Besides the 3 main factors above, you might incur brittle nails due to dehydration, exposure to an environment which is excessively dry, deficiency of nutrition as well as some traumas.
In some case, brittle nails might be the signs of some serious problems for health such as jaundice, hepatitis, lupus as well as heart disease.
7 Simple Natural Home Remedies For Brittle Nails
Here are the top 7 most recommended natural remedies for brittle nails that you can apply immediately in order to cure the brittle nails as well as strengthen your nails.
1. Coconut Oil
The first ingredient in the home remedies for brittle nails is certainly the powerful coconut oil which contains the saturated fat that can act as an excellent moisturizer for nails.
- Put some warm coconut oil onto the nails and gently massage for about 5 minutes. Practice 2 – 3 times every day.
- Put ¼ cup of warm coconut oil into some lemon juice and soak the nails into that solution for about 10 minutes before
- bedtime. Put on gloves overnight to obtain optimum effect.
- Practice those methods for couples of week. Besides coconut oil, olive oil can also be used instead.
3. Vitamin E Oil
The main reason of brittle nails is the deficiency of moisture and vitamin E oil is the perfect ingredient from the home remedies for brittle nails that can effectively replenish hydration and moisture as well as nourish and strengthen both the cuticles and nails.
- Put some extracted oil from the capsules of vitamin E onto the nails before bedtime.
- Gently massage for about 5 minutes.
- Practice every day in 1 – 2 weeks.
- Also, ingest some capsules of vitamin E for better effect.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and vitamins from apple cider vinegar are the reason why this ingredient is highly regarded in the natural treatment for brittle nails. Together with acetic and malic acid, nail infections can no longer be the concern.
- Put some amount of vinegar and water equally into a bowl.
- Put the nails in and soak for couples of a minute.
- Right after that, push the cuticles down gently.
- Practice once every day in couples of day.
You might also like: How to Cure Yellow Thick Toenails Quickly at Home
Silica from horsetail is an extremely essential mineral within the natural cure for brittle nails which can remove white spots on nails efficiently.
- Put 2 tsp of this dried herb into some hot water and steep for about 10 minutes.
- After cooling down, put the nails into the water and soak for about 20 minutes.
- After drying, put some olive oil onto the nails and keep overnight using gloves.
- Practice 3 – 4 times per week.
- Also, ingest 1 – 2 cups of tea from horsetail every day.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Considered a strong antiseptic, tea tree oil is the best ingredient from the home remedies for brittle nails that can combat fungal infections as well as discolored nails.
- Put ½ tsp of vitamin E oil with some drops of tea tree oil together and put that mixed oil onto the nails then gently massage.
- After about 30 minutes, wash off using warm water.
- After drying, finish with some moisturizing lotion.
- Practice twice per day in 1 month.
You might also like: 7 Best Ways to Get Rid of Nail Biting Habit
6. Sea Salt
Containing various healing minerals, sea salt is highly acknowledged as one of the most beneficial ingredients from the home remedies for brittle nails. Shining and softening nails are all within the capability of sea salt.
- Put 2 tbsps of sea salt into some warm water.
- Put in some wheat germ oil as well as frankincense, essential oil from lemon and myrrh.
- Put the nails into that solution and soak for about 15 minutes.
- Then wash off using warm water, dry and finish with some hand cream.
- Practice 2 – 3 times per week.
7. Lemon Juice
The last ingredient from the home remedies for brittle nails is the popular kitchen ingredient – lemon. It is incredibly effective in whitening and brightening the nails.
- Put a tbsp of fresh juice from a lemon with 3 tbsps of olive oil together and warm up slightly. Put the mixture onto the nails
- with a cotton swab before bedtime. Keep it overnight with gloves.
- Put some amounts of lemon juice and argan oil equally together and mix. Put the nails in and soak for about 20 minutes.
- Practice those methods once every day in 2 – 3 weeks.
You might also like: