Foot odor or scientifically bromhidrosis can threat not only men but also women. When people put on a pair of shoes, foot odor will be likely to happen if the sweat of feet cannot escape.
In particular, sweat will create an environment for bacteria to develop quickly and produce smelly feet.
It is said that people may feel embarrassed when they go through this trouble. Therefore, it is essential to get rid of foot odor immediately.
Home Remedies for Foot Odor
The treatment for foot odor can be very simple if you know to make use of several home remedies that rely on natural and easy-to-find ingredients.
Lavender oil is well known for not only its relaxing smell but also its wonderful impact on treating feet odor.
This home remedy can effectively eliminate the number of bacteria responsible for foot odor.
Thanks to its antibacterial as well as anti-fungal properties. Furthermore, lavender oil can be also beneficial for the treatment of Toenail Fungus.
- Prepare warm water
- put some drops of lavender oil into the water
- soak your feet into the solution
- Relax for 15-20 minutes
- try this 2-3 times a day
Alum is another wonderful home remedy to get rid of foot odor. As mentioned before, foot odor can occur due to the development of bacteria.
Alum has antiseptic elements that can remove bacteria well. Therefore, foot odor will no longer threaten us once we apply alum.
- Put a spoon of alum powder into a glass of lukewarm water
- Use this solution to cover your feet and keep it for 15-20 minutes
- let your feet dry naturally before adding a little alum powder on them
- Repeat the process frequently.
Get Rid of foot odor with Vinegar
Vinegar is a popular ingredient that can be found in almost all home kitchens. People use vinegar for many purposes including getting rid of foot odor.
This home remedy prevents the quick growth of bacteria blamed for foot odor and can save us from disturbing symptoms caused by foot odor.
- Take a cup of vinegar and mix with 7-8 cups of hot water.
- Cover your feet with the solution.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Clean your feet carefully with soap and let it dry naturally.
Cure Foot Odor With Sugar
One of the easiest as well as the most effective home remedies for treating foot odor is making use of sugar.
The antibacterial, as well as anti-fungal properties present in sugar, will reduce foot odor effectively.
- Take a spoon of sugar and 7-8 cups of clean water
- Mix them together
- Dip your feet into the mixture
- Wait for 10-15 minutes
- Use clean water to wash your feet
- Follow this recipe 2-3 times a week to see further improvement.
Another highly recommended solution for foot odor is using borax. this home remedy can act as a disinfectant, and removes dead skin cells and sweat gradually and keep foot odor away.
- Get a mixture of borax and vinegar with 1:4 ratio
- Soak your feet into the solution in 15 minutes
- Rinse off with clean water
- Repeat the process daily until you feel better.
Treating Foot Odor with Sage
It is said that sage leaves can act as a wonderful home remedy for treating foot odor.
This special kind of herb will naturally reduce the amount of foot sweat – the main cause of foot odor.
Therefore, foot odor will no longer be a nightmare. You might also like: How to Cure Yellow Thick Toenails Quickly at Home
- Place some sage leaves into your shoes.
- Alternatively, soak your feet into sage tea for 15-20 minutes to remove smelly odor from your feet.
Black tea has great effects on treating many problems including foot odor. This natural home remedy can gently reduce pores of your feet and limit the amount of sweat on your feet effectively.
Moreover, once applying black tea, people can also soften their foot skin naturally.
- Add 2-3 black tea bags into a cup of hot water.
- Pour 2 glasses of water into the solution.
- Place your feet into the mixture and wait for 20-25 minutes.
- Follow this recipe 2 times a day for better results.