Prevent Ingrown Hairs: Ingrown hair is the result of improper shaving. Ingrown hair or Razor bump can occur on any part of the body, but mainly on the shaving areas of the face, head, genital area, etc.
An ingrown hair occurs when the skin is subjected to scraping because of a close shave, which causes the hair stubble to get trapped underneath the surface of the skin.
Best Way to Prevent Ingrown Hairs On Legs When Shaving
During the growth, some hairs grow into the hair follicle curls inward. Tip of the ingrown hair punctures the skin developing redness, inflammation, and irritation, causing a bump on the surface of the skin. At times scarring of the skin also takes place. Top of For
Proper shaving can prevent razor bumps. Use a sharp blade. Old blades cause skin irritation. Shave in short strokes and along the grain of the hair growth. Press the blade gently so as to avoid pressure on the skin. As each stroke gets rid of skin cells and can give rise irritation, avoid shaving over the same area again and again.
Cleaning the surface properly
A gentle scrub, preferably containing salicylic acid before shaving will prevent pores from clogging. Dead skin will be removed hair will point out. A shaving brush can lift the hairs to be shaved. A hot shower before shaving will soften the hair t. Now shaving will be easy and proper.
Avoid shaving daily
If you are a daily shaver, make it on alternate days, especially if you have ingrown hairs. Shaving over them will make things worse.
Avoiding electric razors
They will cut fast in all directions. Shaving along the grain is not possible with it.
- How to Make Your Boobs Bigger with Easy Exercises
- What are the Benefits of aloe vera gel for natural hair
- How to Get Rid of Blackheads in Ears at Home
Selection of shirt
A high collared shirt can trap sweat, oil, and dirt, thus clogging the pores. Consistently using the techniques above will help prevent ingrown hairs.
Ingrown Hairs Treatment:
- Once you get an ingrown hair, follow these tips to get rid of it.
- Preparation: Use a warm, moist cloth on the correct place to soften the skin and to see the hair. If the hairs are not visible, repeat the application a few times till you see.
- Extraction: Use sterilized tweezers to gently pull the hair out of the skin. Never cut the skin. This can cause infection.
- Protection: After washing the face with a good soap, apply an antiseptic like hydrogen peroxide or benzoyl peroxide and then a good moisturizer. It is advisable to avoid alcohol because it can dry out the skin and cause irritation.
If you find that these tips have not produced a fruitful result, then better take the service of a dermatologist.
- 6 Summer Health Tips: How can We Keep Our Body Healthy in Summer?
- 10 Easy Ways To Relieve The Pain of Bunions
- 7 Natural Remedies for Removing Moles Without Scarring
- 5 Really Bad Foods That You Think Are Healthy