Milia on the face is one of the most common pathologies that can happen to the skin at any age. The bumps can appear on the forehead, ear, eyelid, chin, under the eyes, etc.
According to doctors, such tumors are benign and represent as tumors of the connective tissue. The size of the bumps can be different.
Often they are clearly visible and are a significant cosmetic defect, from which many in a hurry to get rid of. Fatty tumors are not dangerous, but they do not look pleasant on the face.
Luckily, it is not that hard to remove them. Reading this article you will learn how to get rid of milia once and forever.
Why bumps appear?
White tumors are indurations, which form inside sudoriferous and sebaceous glands.
Generally, this disease goes with decreasing of sebaceous matter separation. The main difference between milia and regular pimples is that milia bumps cannot be squeezed out easily.
Only white tumors on the face have this property: hypodermic fat is stored in one place, forming in thick and white consistency. They look like small rocks under the skin.
How to get rid of milia?
Usually removing other types of pimples starts with preventions. However, in our case, it does not.
Prevention is useless, we go directly with removing milia, which is better to do in polyclinic or beauty salon.
But if tumors are not in their finish state (not pronounced white color), you can try to remove them by yourself.
It is advisable to steam out face skin beforehand. One way to make steam bath is:
- Put 2 tbsp. of chamomile, sage, calendula, and valerian into the pan.
- Fill up with 1 liter of water and boil for 20 minutes.
- Strain (do not throw away herbs) and steam out face for 5 minutes.
- Wipe dry your face.
Herbs will be a great soothing mask after removing procedure.
- Rub skin with lotion and needle with alcohol.
- Pierce tumors very carefully.
- Warp your fingers with a clean napkin and squeeze out the tumor.
Again, do it very carefully, otherwise, well can appear. You do not have to fully squeeze out the tumor, let the base of the pimple to form and become thick. This will help to squeeze out it easily.
By the end of the procedure, rub the area with alcohol. If there is blood use iodine. And don’t forget: to prevent any kind of complication after removing milia, be sure to keep sterility of every action.
How to get rid of milia in the final stage (tumors look like little rock and hard on touch)?
If they do not bother you – it is better to leave them alone. Otherwise, it is time to make an appointment to see a dermatologist.
- How to Prevent Ingrown Hairs On Legs When Shaving
- How to Get Rid of Clogged Pores on Nose Overnight
- How to Get Rid of Blackheads in Ears at Home
What to do if milia covered your face abundantly?
In this situation, it is better to do slow desquamation. There are a couple of ways to do it: spongilla, mercurial or salicylic ointment.
Preferably to use spongilla, because it is less allergenic. Slow desquamation is not that hard to do and can be done at home. Prepare everything beforehand: tray, tampons (not cotton!), napkins and two cups.
Wrap your head with a kerchief and put the hair inside of it, wrap your neck with gauze, throw plastic dressing gown over your shoulders.
To get rid of milia on chin, cheeks or forehead, firstly you must steam out your face.
Only under the action of steam bath, tumors will get softer and spongilla effect will increase. After steaming, rinse your face with water and soap crème.
Then you should make spongilla mask:
- Mix hydrogen peroxide (3%) with spongilla powder. This should create a foamy mixture.
- Put 2 tbsp. of hydrogen peroxide into another cup.
- The spread mixture from the first cup on milia area. Let it dry and become grey in color.
- Moisten the mixture with hydrogen peroxide from the second cup.
- Repeat for 20 minutes. You will feel heat and pricking, but that is the good sign. Desquamation procedure is going proper and at a high level.
Don’t be afraid of your red face by the end of the procedure. This is the only way to get rid of milia, this is how the treatment should go.
First of all, sooth your inflamed skin with talc. But do not use any crème and especially sunbath, until skin recovers and gets natural color.
You can do this procedure the second day but without a steam bath.
Contraindications for desquamation by spongilla:
This method is not recommended for women who had herpes, eczemas, and dermatitis before. They should personalism and phototherapy tools.
If after the desquamation process the area covers in bladders, as soon as possible and the skin with powder of white Sulfide, and do not use desquamation again.
However, in most cases, this method is one of the best answers to the question – how to get rid of milia.
How to prevent white tumors to appear?
The main thing is to keep sebaceous glands open. Do not eat high-fat food too much; it’s hard for the organism to digest it.
That also applies to sweet and farinaceous foods. Instead, have sour milk products, vegetables, fruits, lean and brown bread.
For someone, it will be hard to tradeoff but as a reward, they will get clear and soft skin.
Paraffin mask is a great remedy for prevention. You can buy white paraffin in any drug store anytime. This is a great material for the mask – not an allergen and skin stands it very well.
Paraffin can greatly increase work of sebaceous and sudoriferous glands. Take into account that temperature under the mask can go up to 40°C (104°F) and stays for the end of the procedure.
The result is amazing: sebaceous glands open, blackheads and wrinkles disappear.
How to make a paraffin mask
- Put 70 grams of white paraffin into the dry pan.
- Heat it on a water bath up to 55°C (131°F) until it is completely melted.
- Using wide brush spread paraffin on milia area beginning from the chin.
- When the first layer is cooled down – repeat (at least 3 times).
Gradually the paraffin layer will become 1.5cm. During this procedure, do not talk or do any kind of mimic. In 20 minutes, you can take the mask.
If you have problematic skin and there is a risk of pimples, milia, and acne to appear, you should always take care of skin: clear, moisten, disinfect and keep it from any kind of injury.
This is the only way to prevent the appearance of defects, which drive people crazy.
Using the advice from this article will help you to get rid of milia or any kind of skin problem. Your skin will be clear, healthy and soft.
- Cure Ringworm Fast: 9 Natural Treatments That Work
- How to Remove Sun Tan from Face and Neck at Home
- Cure Ringworm Fast: 9 Natural Treatments That Work
Image License: commons.wikimedia.org under Creative Commons License