Goldis one of the most precious jewelry other than diamond and platinum. But the popularity is more compared to the other two. Gold jewelry is one such metal that can be changed into different patterns due to its malleability and duct ability. However, it is also important to know the ways on how to maintain it.
Gold jewelry is used for daily use and so it tends to get grubby quickly as it comes in contact with the oils, sweat, and dirt of your bodies. Therefore it is vital to polish the gold jewelry regularly from time to time to make them appear clean and shiny.
- 5 Reasons Nobody Told You About Hair Loss in Women
- EATING HEALTHY AT RESTAURANTS- 10 TIPS THAT CAN TRULY HELP
- 7 THINGS YOU SHOULDN’T WEAR ON AN AIRPLANE
Some pieces of gold jewelry contain precious stones and gems, so it advisable to make them clean professionally in any gold jewelry shops. For home cleaning of gold jewelry, the following tips can be helpful.
HOW TO CLEAN GOLD JEWELRY THE RIGHT WAY AT HOME
- Add 1/5 tsp mild dish detergent in a bowl of warm water, dip your gold jewelry and keep them for 15-20 minutes and then take the jewelry out and then clean with a soft toothbrush. Once the jewelry is cleaned rinse it with clean water and pat dry with a soft cloth.
- Gold plated jewelry always must be cleaned with damp cloth. Always use non-abrasive jewelry cleaners available in the market. Harsh cleaners like bleach, toothpaste should not be used while cleaning gold.
- It is important to dry the jewelry completely before storing them.
- Do not use gold jewelry while having a bath or swimming, as daily exposure the soap and chlorine may dull the gold jewelry.