Long and thick eyelashes enhance our look so, we all want fuller eyelashes.
But our eyelashes fall off due to several reasons and we start losing them. Eyeliner tattoo or lash enhancement can make our eyelashes thicker and fuller.
To maintain long and thick eyelashes eyeliner tattoo aftercare is very important. By taking proper care of the eyelashes after tattoo or eyeliner enhancement can keep them thick and strong for a longer period.
Eyeliner tattoo is done by using sterile needles with different colors available. The outcome depends on the care taken after the procedure.
Day of the Eyeliner Tattoo Procedure
On the day in which the procedure has been performed gently wash the area with a damp cotton ball.
Let it dry out and then, apply a thin coat of ointment that has been provided by the expert. A thick coat of ointment can form thick scab so, try to avoid it.
|Day One||The next morning wash the area again with a damp cotton ball and apply a thin layer of ointment.|
|Do not apply any eye makeup. Apply the ointment at least 3 times a day after rinsing gently.|
|Day Two||After 2 days gently clean your eyelashes with water several times a day.|
|If you want to apply mascara or eyeliner then, wait for at least 4 hours after applying the ointment. Do not rub or scratch your eyelashes.|
|Next One Month||Always wear sunglasses when going out. Avoid sun tanning and swimming in salt or chlorinated water during this period.|
|Avoid direct contact with fertilizers, soil, or animals. If you need to go to the pool then, apply a thick coating of ointment on the eyelashes.|
Similar Post: Eyebrow Tinting Vs. Microblading: Which One is Better
Effects of Eyeliner Tattoo
There might be some side effects of eyeliner tattoo which will go away on its own.
View this post on Instagram
- You may experience light sensitivity, puffy or swollen eyes, bloodshot pupils, and heavy lids.
- Avoid crying and heavy lifting during this period. After waking from sleep your eyes will be swollen or crusty.
- In the stitch looking lines, you may notice pigment within the epidemic to fall off. Do not scratch it.
You might also like: 5 Eye Makeup Products That Makes Your Eyes Bigger Instantly
Extra Tips to Maintain Eyeliner Tattoo Aftercare
- For the first 10 days avoid sleeping on your face.
- Avoid tanning or direct exposure to the sun for 3 to 4 weeks.
- For 10 days do not apply any cream, cleanser, or make-up product on the treated area.
- For 4 weeks no chemical treatment, botox, or facial should be done.
- The dry skin on the treated area will fall off on its own so, do not scratch or rub the area as it may cause scarring.
- For the first 10 days avoid heavy sweating.
Longterm Care to Maintain Lasting Color
To keep the color new always use a good sunscreen as direct contact with sunlight can fade the color.
Do not exfoliate the treated area as it will result in premature fading. Cover your eyelashes with chapstick before applying exfoliating products on your face.
Inform the technician before planning a laser procedure, chemical peel, or MRI scan.
Some redness or inflammation around the tattoo is normal and part of the natural healing process. You might also like: Eye Lift: 7 Ways to Get Rid of Hooded Eyelids Without Surgery
So these are some important tips for eyeliner tattoo aftercare. Your eyeliner might look darker up to a week as it is a part of the healing process.
You will notice soft and natural color as soon as the top layer flakes off. After a couple of weeks, the color will bloom as the skin becomes translucent.
A few days of proper and simple care will make a noticeable difference. So, now be worry-free of losing your eyelashes as the tattoo has become the part of the dermis.
Now it is time to apply your favorite eyeliner and mascara without hesitation.
- Natural Ways to Treat Brown Spots From White Part of Eyes
- Is It Possible to Get a Suntan When It’s Cloudy Out
- Hair Loss After Surgery: How to Facilitate and Prevent It