In today’s world, makeup is essential for both men and women. Foundation and concealer are the two essential products used to get a complete makeup look.
But people are confused with concealer and foundation as they both look almost the same.
They both are available in compact and liquid form. Due to this reason, it sometimes becomes difficult to differentiate between them.
In this article, we are going to discuss the similarities and the difference between a foundation and concealer. We will also let you know whether you can wear one without the other or wear them together.
What Are Concealer and Foundation?
Concealer helps us to cover the unwanted spots and blemishes present on our skin. It is mostly used on the bridge of the nose, under the eyes, middle of the forehead, etc. Thus a concealer is used to enhance some features of our face.
Different shades of concealers are used in different parts of our body. The dark shades are used to cover blemishes and unwanted spots.
While the lighter shade is used under the eyes, forehead, nose, cupids bow to get proper coverage.
You need to choose your concealer that matches your foundation. To get a proper makeup look you need to use foundation along with a concealer.
But if you have clear skin with no dark circles or blemishes then you can just ignore using a concealer. Instead, you use a bb crème along with a foundation.
To apply a concealer you can use a fluffy brush, a dense brush or damp make up sponges.
Some brands like Maybelline fit me Concealer, MAC Pro Longwear concealer and Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Concealer can give you that perfect makeup look. Also Read: 5 Eye Makeup Products That Makes Your Eyes Bigger Instantly
Foundation is mainly used to get a flawless look and to even out the skin tone. It acts as a base to make your skin look more polished. Foundation also protects your skin from dirt, harmful elements and sun.
Without using a foundation makeup cannot be completed. It acts as a primer for your skin.
But to get a no-makeup look you can skip foundation. Instead, you can just use a concealer, lip balm, and mascara.
Foundations are also available in different forms for different skin types. Some of the common forms of foundations are a liquid foundation, BB crème, powder foundation, and stick foundation. You might also like: What is Olive Skin? The Factors That Make It Different
Difference Between Foundation and Concealer
- Concealer is available in all combinations. But different colored foundations can be mixed and used to get the desired result.
- Concealer is used to cover up dark circles, blemishes, and pimples. A foundation is used to enhance the skin texture and to give a flawless look.
- A foundation is used independently without using a concealer. But concealer can be used with different shades of foundation.
- Foundations have less pigmentation than a concealer.
- Concealer is used only on some particular parts of our face. But a foundation can be used on the entire face along with the neck.
Similarities Between Foundation and Concealer
- The unwanted spots and blemishes are covered by both of these products.
- The color and the consistency of a foundation and concealer are almost the same.
- Both of these products can be applied using fingertips or brushes.
- The packaging of both products is the same.
These are some of the differences and similarities between a foundation and a concealer. So to get a perfect makeup look and to enhance your skin tones try these products without any hesitation.
Consult a professional makeup artist if you have any confusion in choosing the right shade that matches your skin tone.