Milia are small white tumors or small cysts that appear on the face in different areas ( nose, cheeks, chin and around eyes ). Primary milia are often seen in newborn babies but also can appear in adult years. Though it is always recommended to get a timely medical intervention, these easy and accessible remedies can be as effective as professional treatment. Let us see the most popular methods to get rid of milia naturally.
1. Sugar Scrub
Sugar scrub proves itself as a great remedy to get rid of milia. It is an excellent way to exfoliate the skin; moreover, lemon juice with olive oil moisturizes the skin, making it look soft and clean.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze it out in a saucer.
- Place 2 tablespoons and mix.
- Apply to skin and gently rub for a few minutes.
- Allow it to stay for about 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Repeat this every day or every other day for a few months.
2. Sandalwood powder and rose water
This combination helps to clean pores and remove excess oil.
- Take two tablespoons of sandalwood powder and place them in a saucer.
- Drop in rose water and mix to form a smooth paste.
- Apply it on the face and leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse skin and pat dry your face.
- You can repeat this treatment every day.
3. Pomegranate peel powder
Pomegranate is known for a rich amount of vitamin C and antioxidants. This is another great answer to question “how to get rid of milia naturally”.
- Roast pomegranate peels until their color become dark brown.
- You can use mortar to grind them into a powder or by hand.
- Add rose water or lemon juice to the powder and stir to form a smooth paste.
- Slowly rub it on the face and allow it to stay for 20 minutes, and then wash it off.
- Do this treatment twice a week.
4. Facial Sauna
Hot towel or steam make pores to unclog and helps to get rid of debris and dead skin cells.
- Soak a towel in hot water and squeeze out the excess water.
- Lie on your back and place the towel on your face.
- Leave it on for a few minutes until it cools.
- Repeat a couple of times.
- Do this daily for a week.
5. Castor Oil
Castor oil moisturizes skin and has an antibacterial effect. In addition, removes excess oil.
- Take half a teaspoon and apply on skin. Also, you can mix it with the same proportion of olive oil.
- Rub it for some time and then leave it. In a few minutes, the oil will be completely absorbed.
- Alternatively, you can make a paste of a baking soda and castor oil. Spread it on milia and allow it to stay for about half an hour. Then just wash it off.
- 3 Benefits of Infrared Sauna | Health And Beauty
- Complete Natural Foot Care Tips Pedicure At Home
- How To Remove Gel Nail Polish Without Nail Damage
Honey is one of the most effective remedies to get rid of milia naturally. It is a great moisturizer and antioxidant. Firstly, you can apply raw honey daily on face and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
However, the full power is achieved when honey is mixed with other ingredients. Two tablespoons of honey go very well with:
- Jojoba oil (1 Tbsp.), leave it on for 20 minutes, daily or every other day.
- Oatmeal (3 Tbsp.) and sugar (1 Tbsp.). Rub mixture for a couple of minutes and wash it off. Repeat this a few times weekly.
7. Tea tree oil to get rid of milia
This is a great natural disinfectant, used as an antibacterial and drying remedy. Simply wash your face, pat with a clean towel and apply the oil to problem areas.
It is recommended to do this before going to bed. Rinse your face when you wake up.
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe is famous for its healing and soothing properties. It contains natural antioxidants and it can help open clogged pores.
- Put a little amount of aloe gel onto milia and gently rub in circular motions.
- In addition, you can keep aloe gel on problem area overnight.
Also, aloe goes great with green tea. Mix them together by the equal amount and apply to skin. Leave it there for 15 minutes then wash it off. It shows good results when applied around the eyes.
9. Cornstarch and vinegar
Cornstarch is a great absorbent while vinegar is a natural astringent. Mixed together they become an amazing remedy to dry up milia. Another great way to get rid of milia naturally.
- Mix one tablespoon of cornstarch and one teaspoon of (apple cider) vinegar and stir to form a paste.
- Spread it on the skin and let it stay for about 30 minutes.
- Soak a washcloth in warm water and take the paste off. Then wash your face with warm water.
- Do this daily.
Vitamin E is one of the main element of healthy skin and almonds are full of it. They are good for different kinds of skin problems.
- Take a few almonds and grind them.
- Add some drops of rosewater and teaspoon of oatmeal.
- Mix to make a paste.
- Apply to milia area.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse your face.
I hope this list gives you a good knowledge base to get rid of milia naturally. In some cases, milia will go away by itself.
Try to keep away from direct sunlight and avoid heavy makeups. Of course, do not pick or scratch the affected area. Use these home remedies and soon your face will be clean and bright.
- How to Get Rid of Blackheads in Ears at Home
- 5 Natural Beauty Tips and Tricks To Look Drop Dead Gorgeous
- Complete Natural Foot Care Tips Pedicure At Home
- 5 Quick Ways to Get Rid of Hickeys Completely